01738 639748    After Hours
 Out of hours 111    Online Services
 Online Services

Sick or Fit note

If you're off work sick for 7 days or less, your employer should not ask for medical evidence that you've been ill. Instead they can ask you to confirm that you've been ill. You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work.

If you are off work sick for more than 7 days then you will require a Fit Note and should contact your GP.   A Fit Note will be provided for you by your hospital doctor if you are an inpatient or are receiving treatment in hospital and this should also cover any forward period that they consider you will be unfit for work.

Print a Self Certificate

When do I need a Fit Note