01738 639748    After Hours
 Out of hours 111    Online Services
 Online Services

Eye Problems?

Community Optician

Whatever your eye problem your first port of call should be an Optometrist. An Optometrist is the best person to assess urgent eye problems , check for eye disorders and treat eye conditions. They have the professional training and necessary equipment to assess most eye problems .

Find a local Optician in your area

(once your are linked to the NHS Inform page, select your local Health Board or Local Authority to find an Optician near you).

Self-help guide: Eye Problems 

Find out more about your eye problems, when you can use self-care and what to do if your condition worsens and you need medical help.

If your optician is closed and you can't wait until it reopens call NHS24 on 111.

If you sustain an eye injury that requires immedidate emergency treatment go to your nearest Accident and Emergency .